School starts in a week so it is about time I start making my “new school year completely unrealistic goals”.
- I will make my kids a warm breakfast every morning.
- I will find educational moments in all we do.
- I will make sure they practice the piano 20 minutes every day.
- I will make a warm dinner every night.
- I will not go to McDonald’s.
- I will get to know the names of every one of my kids’ classmates and invite them over regularly for playdates so that my children will grow up socially unawkward.
- I will volunteer every week.
- The house will always be clean because the kids will be gone.
- The laundry will be caught up.
- I will exercise every day and eat healthy.
- I will not eat chocolate constantly after 3pm when they are all home with a slight increase once husband comes home too.
- My children will jump in the shower each morning excited to start the day.
- My children’s hair will be combed every morning.
- My children’s clothes will match every day.
- My children will turn in library books on time.
I think that is enough. I mean, I don’t want my readers to feel bad about not being able to do all of these things perfectly without a slight addiction to vodka.