I am having serious issues.
Thank you for not commenting.
I’m experimenting with writing personal essay and articles. I’ve been blogging for so long that I don’t know how to write correctly. I’m used to just throwing my thoughts down on a piece of computer screen and calling it a day.
And now I’m trying to combine blogging with five paragraph essays and seeing what happens.
Due to the fact that I cannot seem to do more than two things at once, I’ve pushed away blogging. (The other thing I’m doing rotates between housework and studying Spanish.)
So I’m going to be honest. I’m about to write a few blogs that will come out over the next week or so. I’m going to talk about my amazing new cooking ability; the book launch I went to in Canada with drag queens; and how to end global warming.
(The book launch had drag queens. I did not go to Canada with any. Although that would’ve been a blast.)
Then I’m going to ignore you and try to write brilliant and global pieces on canning; coming to grips with being a feminist and a stay at home mom; how I have no domestic training and yet my children are not malnourished; and how to end global warming.
And I’m editing to get ready for the Surrey Writing Conference.
And trying to train this dog.
And giving up white sugar and flour.
What can I say? This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever tried to do.
All while ending global warming.
This is an abstract image of my life.
Four moms and I teach a co-op preschool class. We have it twice a week and each teach two weeks at a time. This week is my week and tomorrow I am supposed to have the kids cut up magazines I have around the house to make an I Am Thankful For collage.
After collecting what I had lying around, I came up with this possible collage.(Note: just because I have the magazine does not mean I have a SUBSCRIPTION; it is ok to read crap every week as long as it is not actually sent to your home. And the following statements may or may not reflect the viewpoints of the author; they may just be the only thing I could come up with.)
I Am Thankful For:
- Cranberry Clafouti (Martha Stewart Living)- no clue what this is but looks yummy
- Comedy on Television and/or Melissa McCarthy (Last Week’s Entertainment Weekly)
- Kermit the Frog (This Week’s Entertainment Weekly)
- Feel Good Drape Cardigans (Latest Land’s End Catalog) – looks compfy
- Hillary Clinton is Secretary of State and is only serving one term – I think this covers both sides nicely (Last Week’s Time)
- Switzerland still has a finishing school (This Week’s Time; it didn’t have much to be thankful for; mostly about crappy economy. Must have been a very depressing week.)
- SmartWool Pressed-Flower Ankle Socks (Latest Garnet Hill Catalogue; it’s the only thing in it I think I can afford besides monograming but can’t afford whatever they monogram.)
- Kim Kardashian didn’t stay in a loveless marriage one hour (minute, second) more (People) I buy it for the crossword.
So if you had to choose what you are thankful for by what magazine you read, what would it be?